Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Road To Recovery: Both Vaginally and Psychologically

Let's start this out with a rant.
My chemical burns are pretty much gone.  
My nether regions should feel awesome, right?
WRONG!
Due to the antibiotics from the burns, I have a pretty severe (my gyno actually got me a prescription because she didn't think an OTC medication would work) yeast infection.  Not nearly as painful, but way more itchy.  So, no sex for another at least nights and yeah...
My vagina hates me.  

In other, in less TMI news, I just had an appointment with my psychiatrist.
I think it was the best appointment I have ever had with a psychiatrist.
Not only did she explain my medication change to me, but she offered behavioral tips to me and advice on what I should talk to my therapist about.
She explained my behavior and emotions to me without making me feel like I have done something wrong and like it was something that I could fix. 
Basically, my anxiety has been getting better, but because I am not constantly dealing with my anxiety, my depression has taken center stage.  She also thinks that I am too hard on myself, that I have lots of unresolved emotions and sadness, and that I need to work that out before I can move forward psychologically and emotionally.
It makes sense.
So, I have a slightly better plan, higher dosage of meds, and a little more hope than I had this morning.  

I also have anti-itch cream that I didn't have this morning, but we aren't going to discuss that anymore. 

I feel a little less broken than I did this morning.
It is refreshing and I hope that I can keep it up.


Also, completely unrelated, my husband is actually dusting our ceiling fan right now.  I had been informed before I left earlier that he would probably be passed out when I got home.  Then, I got home and he was cleaning.  He's done dishes, tidied, washed the kitchen floor, vacuumed, straightened the living room, and is now dusting the fan.  I'm not sure what has gotten into him, but I like it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment