Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Best New Year's, Light Sabers, Changes, and Resolutions

We celebrated New Year's Eve last night with a few close friends, our daughter, and my friend's daughter.  There were light sabers involved, and then my daughter fought back with the box that the light saber came in.

Yeah, that happened.  In fact, that was a good portion of our night.  Us adults sat back with our beers, laughed and hoped to the powers that be that we didn't end up in the ER. Epic. 

In other news, I would like to do a quick recap of my 2013 and some major and minor changes that have occurred.
Of course, the first major one is that I am now Mrs. Christensen.  It was the best decision I have ever made in my life and I do not know if any thing I could ever do in my life will be as important as that one day. 
The second major one is that I decided to get on antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications again.  They have made a huge difference in my life.  I am still struggling, and there is still a lot to work through, but I made the first real steps in 2013.
A minor one, directly tied to the last one, is that I got a real, paying, hourly job.  It is a fun job for me, and it is giving me some extra money to play with (Hello, $100 worth of bras!!), and gets me out of the house a bit.
Another change is how much easier I am able to lean on my support system when I need it.  I'm no longer afraid that I am going to be let down, or let to fall.  The stability is amazing and I am so thankful for the support in my life.

And now, down to the last section of the title!
Resolutions!
One of the main values that we hold as a family is that a person can continue to grow and that trying to become a better person should be a constant idea in the back of our minds.   So, we decided to do our resolutions together as our first New Year as "The Christensens".  We even sat down with Whimzy and explained it all to her and she even has four resolutions!  
I am just going to list a few of the main ones, and the reasoning behind them.

1) More playdates for Whimzy.
2) Family meal time at the table 1-2 a week.  It would be more, but with our opposite work schedules, it can be difficult.
3) Healthier eating as a family.
4) Making our bedroom a priority for our relationship as a couple. Basically, keeping it clean and making it a nice place for us to be.
5) 104 books for me to read in 2014.
6) I want to learn more about darts so that I can be more supportive of Ty's dream.
7) Ty wants to read with me once in awhile, based off of my suggestions.
8)I want to learn how to balance all of the demands of my life better.  
9) I also want to become more organized and make the apartment more organized.
10)  Ty wants to up his practice time for darts.
11) Ty wants to set more of a sleep schedule so that he isn't staying up too late after work and getting up in time to spend some time with us while I am not at work. 
12)  Ty also wants to develop weekly and monthly goals and plans as the year goes on to meet his resolutions.
13)  I want to continue making goals as I go through and make strides in my anxiety and depression.

We are all going to grow together, and I really think this is going to help us grow together instead of apart over the years.  And this is not the complete list, just some highlights of our 3 pages of resolutions.  

What are your resolutions or goals for the new year?
Have any plans to make them come true?  

No comments:

Post a Comment