Monday, August 12, 2013

Good-Bye Day Drinking

What a day.
So much is changing, so much is progressing.
I had my psychiatric appointment today.
Despite my best efforts, I could not fight my anxiety demons alone and enlisted help from medications that will alter my brain chemistry.
Seems dramatic, but trust me, my brain could use some re-wiring.
It was harder than I thought it would be.
Turns out, it is a lot harder to admit defeat to someone I only met a few minutes ago than it is to my family, or even a faceless blog audience.
I cried, a lot.  I also made a terrible joke about loving waterproof mascara because it helps hide my crazy.
Oops.  Still love waterproof mascara, though.
So, tonight, I have my last sip of alcohol for a long while and contemplate what I will do with myself when I reach normal functioning level.
Just in case altering my brain chemistry isn’t enough for one day, though, my lil Whimzy pooped in the potty for the first time!  Which she then directly neutralized by getting into my make-up and getting lip stain all over herself.  That stuff shouldn’t stay on for too long, right? Make-up remover wipes and elbow grease didn’t cut it, so I guess I have to deal with it until it comes off. 
So, here is hoping that changes are positive steps forward! 

I mean, pooping on a  potty is always a step forward, but I dread what new complications can arise from this.  Poop in the sink? God, I can't even contemplate this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment